Monday, January 21, 2008

Catching back up.


Overhaul, overhaul. I haven't kept up with this like I thought I would. I started around the time for finals, and haven't picked it back up. However, I am a bit less busy this time around, and have been wanting an outlet for bragging when I start a new project, buy some new yarn, etc. So I have overhauled and redone this page. I have also changed my major since then, going from biology to anthropology. I am much happier, and have found a better fit. The people in the biology department are mostly premed (YUCK) and mostly uptight. I feel so at home with the weirdos in the anthropology department.
Of course, I can list my new projects, yarn, etc on Ravelry, but its not the same. Don't get me wrong, I love Ravelry. But this outlet is for venting as well, heh.
On Ravelry I have joined a group called the Knitters Guild, its for fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Recently it was found that he has early onset Alzheimers. This is heartbreaking, the man is a genius. However, this group is creating a "Pratchghan" , and I get to be part of it! I am pretty excited, but I really need to get started. I need to mail the square off by the middle of February. We are also sending him personal letters with the afghan. Squee! How exciting to write him and send a gift. I think its a good idea for everyone to show how much he means to us.

Well, I may as well post up the FO I did recently. It is the fidget from the tudora pattern in Winter 2007 Knitty. I kind of misread the pattern, so I didn't cable as much, but I still think its lovely. I made it with Sylvia's yarn she recieved from Knitters Uncensored Podcast contest, its called Woolmeise in the color Spice Rack. Its made from lambswool, its simply beautiful. I loved working with it. I finished the tudora in one night, and then we picked up the awesome bone\horn button at Hancock's the next day. I made it for Sylvia, look how much she likes it.

I am also working on a baby blanket for my friend Natalie, who is set to give birth in February (the 12th I think). I don't want to post unfinished work just yet, and am about 70% done. Hopefully I will have that finished by the end of this week, and can post it up. Actually, I think I am going to do a little work on it right now. Knit like you mean it!

No comments: