Saturday, May 23, 2009

Making a dent.

I finally finished the cotton cabled scarf! I am so proud. I actually finished it about a week ago, but I wanted to finish the project at the bottom of this page before posting. I really like it, it is the perfect length, about 5 feet, and cool (as in not hot) and soft. I was making it for my friend Nan, she even picked out the yarn. However, I haven't seen her in over a year, so I guess I will keep it. I could try to get in touch, but I don't know.


I really like it. I need a scarf anyway, and hate making them. Yeah, I think I will keep it. On a less positive note, after I finished this, and before I started my next project, I went through all of my stash and sorted it. I found TWO MORE BALLS of this yarn. Dammit. I don't know if I want to swap it or maybe make some matching fingerless gloves...yeah, that would be a good use. Then I will have matching gloves. :)
I found these pictures while uploading my FOs, I took them when I made sopapillas about a month ago. They were SO GOOD, our friend Cozzie was calling them "crack", and everyone burned through both gallon sized ziplock bags full of them in about a day. Yummy!



To go through some Vanna's Choice I had left over from making my sis a tudora, I decided to make Fetching. It turned out I didn't have quite enough, so the edge of the right hand was finished with some leftover Vanna's Choice Sylvie had from making her grandma an afghan last summer. I like it, Sylvie said it looks indie. I don't care, I am just trying to get rid of yarn. My mom saw me working on the second one and said she likes it. So, the next time I see her they will belong to her. I really liked the pattern, and recommend it.
We kept laughing while taking this picture.


The yarn is pretty bulky, and was knit size 6 dpns with yarn made for 8's or 9's...and I am a tight knitter. Therefore, my hands are kind of swallowed by them. However, they are cute and will be really warm this winter.








Well, next is my Manos de Uruguay. I frogged the rest of the Reverie today, and will maybe start on the Hermione hat tomorrow. Hooray for knitting, especially hooray for stash busting!

No comments: