Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blargh.

Sadly, there will be no cats on Tuesday today. Oh, they are still here, but this week has slipped by so very quickly, and anyway they have only been annoying (Ditto) or lazy (Stubbles). However, Ditto has shown yet more proof of her mad case of crazies. She hoards all the cat toys, which were originally Stubbles'. Since Stubbles is too lazy to play, Ditto has claimed them and they all reside in the DittoCave.
But, there is one she shuns. A poor little caterpillar, which has the capacity to hold catnip.


Night before last, she was rustling around her toys. She picked this one up, carried out of her cave, and dropped it a few feet away. After sitting by it for a couple of seconds, she went back to her cave. I would think that she was maybe going to play with it, but Sylvia's bf said that he has picked that particular toy up from the floor numerous times. And she has never been seen playing with it. Our only conclusion is she doesn't like it. Strange, considering how much she likes catnip and what a toy whore she is. Oh well.

On to important things. I finished the Pratchghan square late Sunday nigh---I mean early Monday morning. I haven't shared it with the group on Ravelry because I haven't washed it to test its durability. I am so scared to wash it, but I gotta do it before the end of the week. If it falls apart, at least I have extra yarn and the design is fairly easy.

Of course, if you are not familiar with the Discworld series you are missing out obviously. But to understand what the square means you will have to read "Nightwatch". Basically, the motto is part of an old fight song, that at first seems rather silly. The lilac blossom (I hope thats what it resembles) is the insignia of the people concerned with the fight song. At first it seems rather silly, but as you experience the story and what the history of the flower (especially the scent) and the song means, you are left feeling emotional. Well, I was anyway. Pratchett can make you laugh, but I cried and cried when I read "Feet of Clay". I am maybe weird.

Sylvia and I have an Etsy shop, as previously mentioned and linked in the sidebar. No one has bought anything, but we have received two complements on our snail stitchmarkers. I have three more sets to add to the shop, here is my favorite:


It was so damn hard not to keep these myself. I love the dragon and wizard, and the little star beads. I may make duplicates later for my own usage. Aren't they cute? To highlight my nerdiness of even making these, I was watching "Galaxy Quest" while making them. Yep.

Well, thats all for now. Time to catch up on some homework, I gotta read the intro to "Egyptian Customs and Rituals." I will try to add the new stitchmarkers to the store by tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Stephieface said...

I love your square! I'm crossing my fingers for its washibility!

I'm wondering if I have the only acrylic square in the bunch.

Helen said...

Actually, the white and purple are acrylic. The square itself is superwash sock yarn knitted with sugar n cream. I wish I had gone all acrylic for safety.

pins&needles said...

Hey, that square turned out pretty good! I like how the flower turned out much better than the last.