Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Walking in a Wint...oh...Nevermind.


This beauticiousness is what greeted me at 7:30 a.m., while heading to school. We here in central Arkansas don't get much winter weather, so this was a pleasant surprise. It was kind of surprising that school wasn't canceled, but then again it was just snow. The funny part is, Sunday the weather was super nice and it got up to 75 degrees F. And then this. Heres the back yard from the top of the steps going up to the patio.
It was so pretty. I had time to walk around and take pictures while my car warmed up. I took a picture looking out over west Little Rock, the view from our patio. Gorgeous, huh?


Well, when I got home around 5 p.m., it was 40 degrees F. The snow was gone, everything was just wet. Here is the same shot, in the afternoon. See what a difference a day makes?

It looks as though the snow had never been. Here is all the proof: nasty wetness.

It is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow. And then, they are calling for snow again on Friday. Craziness.
On a note NOT related to weather, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) has created a new "halo". If you go to the website, you can download for free "Ghosts I-IV". I think. My roommate downloaded it today, I am listening to it now. It kicks total ass. All is instrumental, it is all brilliant. Reznor is supposed to release the rest of the CD in stores sometime in April, it will be a 2 disc set. Roommate says it will be about $10. If thats not a deal, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

pins&needles said...

Those are great picture of the barely wintery day we had. It's like winter came and gone in less than 12 hours. This weather is crazy.