Monday, March 3, 2008

duh duhlicious



I made a trifle! I haven't made one in a few years, and so forgot how delicious they are. Basically, mine is layered with cake, pudding, fruit, and whipped cream. Sometimes I forgo the fruit completely and just make chocolate layers. This one, however, was just fruit. I also tried pistachio pudding instead of my norm, vanilla pudding. I thought it was especially delicious.
In addition to that, I made cupcakes earlier this week. I am on some kind of dessert kick, I guess. The cupcakes were especially delicious thanks to the fact that they were lemon. You may think, "uhh, yick" but thats what one of my roommates said and he ended up loving them.


Sylvia and I were at my favorite store, Williams Sonoma. I love this place so much I want to live there. They had recipe cards all over the place, and Sylvia picked them up. I looked at them and saw the recipe for "mini lemon curd cupcakes". Well, I don't have mini cupcake pans and papers, so they are regular size. It also called for $12 Sprinkles lemon cupcake mix. I said screw that and picked up $1.50 Duncan Hines Moist lemon cake mix. I also got buttercream frosting, and after a few minutes of searching found the elusive lemon curd. The lemon curd is actually squirted into the cupcake after it has baked and cooled. You just put in a teaspoon, but it adds a great little zing. They were delicious.
I'll try to do Cats on Tuesday tomorrow, I have quite a few goofy cat pics saved up.

No comments: